The Meetings Hub is a registered business name of Econiq. References to “Econiq” in this policy incorporate The Meetings Hub platform and services.
Econiq develops software to design and hold virtual meetings.
Econiq is a technology company which supplies its software and services to organizations in North America and Europe. The parent company is located in Galway, Ireland. For more information about our services, please refer to our website https://themeetingshub.com
- the use of https://themeetingshub.com (“website”)
- the use of the application websites whose sub-domains match the following criteria: https://*.themeetingshub.com (“application”)
- social media messages and marketing campaigns and
- the use of our products and services.
- A website visitor
- An end user of the application (“end user”)
- A prospective customer
- A job applicant
This summary provides key points from our privacy notice, but you can find out more details about any of these topics by clicking the link following each key point or by using our table of contents below to find the section you are looking for. You can also click here to go directly to our table of contents.
What personal information do we collect? When you visit, use, or navigate our Services, we may collect personal information depending on how you interact with Econiq and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. Click here to learn more.
Do we process any sensitive personal information? We do not process sensitive personal information.
Do we receive any information from third parties? We may obtain and/or purchase lists from third parties about individuals and companies interested in our products.
How do we process your information? We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your information only when we have a valid legal reason to do so. Click here to learn more.
In what situations and with which parties do we share personal information? We may share information in specific situations and with specific third parties. Click here to learn more.
How do we keep your information safe? We have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Click here to learn more.
What are your rights? Depending on where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information. Click here to learn more.
How do you exercise your rights? The easiest way to exercise your rights is by contacting us at [email protected]. We will send you a data request form or answer your query and will consider and act upon any request you make in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You use the website to download articles, data sheets or eBooks.
- You request a free trial or demo.
- You refer a friend to us.
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms.
- We or Customer Account Administrators grant you access to the application.
- You or Customer Account Administrators upload or enter personal information into the application.
- You participate in a marketing/sales promotion.
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events.
- You register or attend a webinar or other event.
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time.
- You participate in chats.
- You pay for our Services.
If you choose to provide us with a third-party’s personal information (the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third-party’s permission to do so.
We collect personal information which may include first and last name, business email address, phone number, job title and/or company name.
Customers contract the use of our application and give access to their employees and other third parties, as solely decided by them, by creating users (“end users”) who access the application with their email address and credentials. As an end user of the application, we collect your name, business email address and any comments you make in the application. The customer’s administrators grant end users roles, which result in different permissions and access rights to the information held in the customer account.
- Employee names, email addresses and contractual agreements
- Vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for Econiq Services
- Client names and email addresses used to provide Services within Econiq’s platform
As a job applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter.
We collect information about your visits to the website and the application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
The information collected includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
We may combine the information we collect from your direct interactions with us with information obtained through other third-party sources, such as google analytics. We may obtain and/or purchase lists from third parties about individuals and companies interested in our products.
The personal information collected includes your name, email address, business address, job title, company name, and telephone number.
Our application and Services are intended for business use and we do not expect them to be of any interest to minors. We do not intentionally collect any personal information of consumers below the age of 16.
We use your personal information to:
- Deliver the contracted Services and allow full use of the application functionality as purchased by our customers.
- Deliver training and support to our application end users and/or carry out the transactions our users have requested.
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats, video conferencing.
- Process payments for application subscriptions.
- Send communications to you about:
- New application features and upgrades.
- Our Services and offerings.
- Event announcements.
- Product notices and changes to our terms and policies.
- Particular programs in which you have chosen to participate.
- Promotional offers and surveys.
- Scheduling demos and managing free trials.
- Advertise and market our products and Services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on this website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our Services and their delivery.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns.
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share.
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the application and website to improve user experience and maximize usage of our Services.
- Manage our website and application to maintain and deliver the contracted functionality and Services .
- Enforce our website and application terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, application, our business or Services.
- Or otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
We never sell your information to any third party nor do our Services have any third-party advertising.
Our Application and Services
If you are an end user of our application, your personal information may be viewed by other users with access to the application.
We use third parties to help us provide our Services. They will have access to your information as collected by the website or the application, as reasonably necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the personal information, only use it to deliver the contracted services to us, prohibit them from selling it and not disclose it without our knowledge and permission.
|Service Provider Name||Business Purpose||Information Collected by the Service Provider||Data Location|
|Amazon AWS||Cloud Application Services||Customer/user names, email addresses and office addresses. We also collect information on their clients like name, email addresses and data recorded between the user and the client when running a meeting in our software.||Held in AWS Aurora Database specific to the region the user’s organization is based. So if the user’s organization is US based, then the data is held in US hosted servers only.|
|Microsoft 365||Communication and File Storage||Customer/prospect names, email addresses, telephone numbers, titles and office addresses.||Stored in Microsoft’s secure environment in the EU with multiple layers of protection.|
|HubSpot||Marketing & Customer Relationship Management||Customer/prospect names, email addresses, telephone numbers, titles and office addresses.||Stored in HubSpot’s AWS servers in the US.|
|Xero||Accounting||Customer names, email addresses, office addresses, services provided.||Stored in Xero’s AWS servers in the US. Some EU customer data may be processed in New Zealand or Australia.|
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation.
We attempt to notify our customers about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change in Control
We can also share your personal data as part of a sale, merger, change in control or in preparation for any of these events.
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the personal information we collect and use.
We use a variety of physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We have implemented best-practice standards and controls in compliance with internationally recognized security frameworks. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit.
We provide the same suite of Services to all of our customers and end users worldwide. We offer the following rights to all individuals regardless of their location or applicable privacy regulations.
For personal information we have about you, you can:
- Access your personal information or request a copy.
You have the right to obtain information about what personal information we process about you or to obtain a copy of your personal information.
If you have provided personal information to us, you may contact us to obtain an outline of what information we have about you or a copy of the information.
If you are an end user of the application, you can log in to see the personal information in the account or approach your employer for more information.
- You have the right to be notified of what personal information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
- Change or correct your personal information.
You have the right to update/correct your personal information or ask us to do it on your behalf.
If you are an end user, you can edit your information through the user account in the application or ask us to change or correct it by contacting us at [email protected] If you are not an end user, you can request changes or corrections to your information by contacting [email protected].
- Delete or erase your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information at any time. We will communicate back to you within reasonable timelines the result of your request. We may not be able to delete or erase your personal information, but we will inform you of these reasons and any further actions available to you.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. This means that we will stop using your personal information for these purposes.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may have the right to ask us to limit the way that we use your personal information.
- Export your personal data.
You have the right to request that we export to you in a machine-readable format all of the personal information we have about you.
We do not process personal information through the use of automated means.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organizations in charge of enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
The Appendix contains additional information for residents of the EU and the State of California.
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and our customers, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
We may also retain information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data. This information may provide insights that are commercially valuable to Econiq, such as statistics of the use of the Services.
We process data in locations where our customers are based, in the USA, EU and the UK and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations.
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a lawful reason for its collection. When you visit our website and provide us with your personal information, we collect and use it with your consent.
As an application end user, you consent to our collection of your personal information when you log in for the first time. However, your employer has control of the account and may upload and share additional personal information. Your employer’s responsibility is to ensure that collecting, using and sharing the personal information uploaded to the application complies with all applicable legislation.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. Please click the “Unsubscribe” link in any email we sent you to stop receiving marketing communications.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your personal information and our privacy practices by contacting us at [email protected]
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
If you are based in one of these jurisdictions, Econiq is the controller of your personal data collected in the following instances:
- When you visit our website
- When we process your personal data for sales and marketing purposes
Econiq is a processor of all personal data processed on the application, on behalf of our customers. We only process the personal data under their direction. Please contact your employer or the organization that granted you access to the application for details on their privacy practices.
We only process personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. The lawful bases applicable to our processing as controller are:
- Consent: We will ask for your express and informed consent every time we collect your personal data on this legal basis.
- Contractual basis: We process the personal data as necessary to fulfill our contractual terms with you or our customers.
- Legitimate interest: We process the names, contact details, job titles, companies of our existing and prospective customers for our marketing purposes, including market research and sales leads generation.
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Access your personal data
- Correct errors in your personal data
- Erase your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- This right is also available to individuals whose personal data is processed by us for direct marketing purposes. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we shall stop processing within 30 days of receipt of your request.
- Export your personal data
- Restrict our processing of your personal data for specific reasons, including any of the purposes supported by the legitimate interest legal bases (see the section above).
We process personal data in Ireland and share it with our service providers in Ireland and other jurisdictions. We use standard contractual clauses as the data transfer mechanism of transferring EU data to countries subject to data transfer requirements. See the table of our service providers in Section 4.0 above.
You may also lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority, EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) or Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC). Contact details for all EU countries can be found at National Data Protection Authorities.
This section provides additional specific information for consumers based in California as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, email address, zip code, telephone number or other similar identifiers
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as username and password, company name, job title, business email address and department
- Internet/network information, such as your browsing history, log and analytics data, information about the device(s) used to access the Services and information regarding your interaction with our websites or Services and other usage data
- Geolocation data, such as information about your location (at country and city level) collected from your IP address
- Sensory Information, the content, audio and video recordings of conference calls between you and us that we record where permitted by you and/or the law
- Profession/employment information included in your CV and cover letter that you send to us when applying for a position
- Other personal information, such as personal information you provide to us in relation to a survey, comment, question, request, article download or inquiry and any other information you upload to our application
We collect personal information directly from you, from your browser or device when you visit our websites, from third parties that you permit to share your information or from third parties that share public information about you, as stated above.
See the section above, “How We Use Personal Information,” to understand how we use the personal information collected from California consumers.
We may share personal information with third parties for business purposes. The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may include: (i) our service providers and advisors, (ii) marketing and strategic partners*; (iii) ad networks* and advertising partners*; (iv) analytics providers; and (v) social networks.
* Any sharing of personal information for marketing and advertising purposes is solely for the conduct of our own marketing and advertising campaigns or joint campaigns with a partner (such as a technology partner, conference partner etc.) and their permission to use any shared personal information is limited to that purpose only.
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- The right to know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information that we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months (upon verification of your identity):
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources of the personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold, and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The right to request deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to opt-out of personal information sales to third parties now or in the future. However, we do not sell your personal information.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights.
Please note that if exercising these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you with our products and Services or engage with you in the same manner.
To exercise your right to know and/or your right to deletion, please submit a request by contacting us at [email protected].
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request.
In order to verify your identity, we will generally require sufficient information from you so that we can match it to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Sometimes we may need additional personal information from you to be able to identify you. We will notify you.
We may decline a request to exercise the right to know and/or right to deletion, particularly where we cannot verify your identity or locate your information in our systems or as permitted by law.
You may choose to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. No information will be disclosed until the authorized agent’s authority has been reviewed and verified. Once an authorized agent has submitted a request, we may require additional information (i.e., written authorization from you) to confirm the authorized agent’s authority.
If you are an employee/former employee of a Econiq customer who uses our application and services, please direct your requests and/or questions directly to your employer/former employer.
If you are a third party (auditor, business associate, etc.), who was given access to the Econiq application by a Econiq customer please direct your requests and/or questions directly to the Econiq customer who gave you access.
Last Updated: 31st August 2023